Tribute to the Military

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Religion of Peace update: Pray 5 times a day or face beheading

The Scotsman

Courtesy of The Scotsman Newspaper

According to an article in The Scotsman, a Somali Islamic Court ordered that ANYONE who does not pray five times a day will be beheaded.  Apparently the edict will be implemented as soon as possible (in three days' time.)

Shops, tea houses and other public places in Bulo Burto, 124 miles north-east of the capital, Mogadishu, should be closed during prayer time and no-one should be on the streets, said Sheik Hussein Barre Rage, the chairman of the town's Islamic court.  For the rest of the story: Beheading in the name of religion

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have something to say about jihad. I am a young Muslim girl. I know a lot about jihad. I have gone to Islamic schools my whole life. I am a Muslim by birth but I am American. My mother convirted. I am writing to you to tell you what jihad really means in our religion not what Islamic extremest believe, who are actually rejects to us Muslims. What happened on 9/11 was horrible. I hope that those corrupt men who did that will pay. In Islam, jihad means struggling for the sake of god. You can do that by helping our neighbor, praying, telling the truth, and so on. It is easier to be bad than to be good. When you do something good, not for publicity, but for god, in our religion it considered as jihad. You can also do jihad by defending your religion, such as a holy war. In Islam, when you make jihad in war you are not supposed to hurt buildings and trees, women, children, elderly, or any other innocent civilians who do not attack you. You only attack those who hurt you. What I am doing now is jihad. I want everyone to know that most of us Muslims are not terrorists. I also have some thing to say about your article. Your artical about praying 5 times a day is not true. Why would we behead those who do not pray. THat is sick and dumb. Not for something that small. We pray 5 times a day to worship god and ask him for things. Please post this article so everyone knows that not all of us are bad. That our religion is not bad. I would really appreciate it. May god bless you all.

Bos'un said...

Mariah,

Apparently you should convince the Somali Islamic Court to be part of your religion of peace.

R/ Bosun