Tribute to the Military

Monday, June 23, 2008

Kool-aid drinking

I found this on one of the blogs I visit (Kind of sums up how I have been feeling of late): Casting Pearls before Swine

Quote:

"Oh, Yeah!" ~ Kool-Aid Man

I've been planning on saying this for a long time. I really hate it when I hear people calling other people Kool-Aid drinkers to describe them as crowd followers.


Conservatives refer to Liberals as Kool-Aid drinkers. Liberals refer to Conservatives as Kool-Aid drinkers. In my humble opinion, Liberals may drink Kool-Aid, but it must be laced with hallucinogens. That's the only logical explanation I know of for their lunatic notions.


And I understand the origin of the term. I know the term originated with Jim Jones and Jonestown, when he managed to convince over 900 of his followers to drink poisoned Kool-Aid in a mass suicide.
I get it.


I understand the term now applies to all those people so committed to a political cause or candidate that they senselessly ignore facts in conflict with their political viewpoint.
But I like Kool-Aid.


I am a Kool-Aid drinker and proud of it. But it has nothing to do with my political ideology.


If you want to classify Sheeple Liberals with some kind of catchy term, how about using the phrase, "Lemming mentality bleeding heart Liberal sob sisters"?


Oh Yeah! Works for me!


__________________


No comments: