Tribute to the Military

Saturday, November 19, 2005

America is Worth Defending, and Here is Why

I found this over at one of friends, so he is going to receive full credit for it. Thank you, Bill, from Small Town Veteran.
I received an email from a mother whose son is currently fighting in Iraq with the 101st Airborne Division. He and his platoon have penned a message to the American public that is a little different from the message we are getting via the MSM. He asked his mom to help get this message out and she asked me. Here it is from the soldiers on the ground…
Mom,

Be my voice. I want this message heard. It is mine and my platoon’s to the country. A man I know lost his legs the other night. He is in another company in our batallion. I can no longer be silent after watching the sacrifices made by Iraqis and Americans everyday.Send it to a congressman if you have to. Send it to FOX news if you have to. Let this message be heard please…
[Read the rest at Hook's place. Hat tips: Small Town Veteran, Soldiers' Angels New York, Mudville Gazette]
This is a very moving letter. One I recommend everyone read, write at your homepage (giving credit where credit is due), and answer his call to contact all the people of influence. Thank you.

Technorati tags: and .

No comments: