Tribute to the Military

Monday, July 02, 2007

Please check for viruses

Cross-posted at Rosemary's Thoughts.

I have spent most of yesterday and all night getting Spybot Search and Destroy (just hit next when the Wizard tells you to go back because something is not complete--for the free version) and Ad Aware (also free), because Norton did not catch the viruses that infected my computer. I am so sorry to put you through this, but it is better that I tell you now than to have you infecting others. That is, if you are infected.

I became suspicious when I went to sign in at one of the private sites where I write. I typed the first letter of my ID, and there was my whole address book! I got into a heated arguement with the administrator of that site for stealing my info, and he gently pointed me to the possibility that I may be infected. I was sure I was not, because I have Norton. YEAH, RIGHT.

It will take about an hour each for them to scan your computer (if this is your first time), but it is worth it. I do recommend that you read the tutorial for Spybot. Again, I am so very sorry. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. Have a day. (I know I left out the 'nice' this time. I do not think this is nice.)

No comments: