Tribute to the Military

Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Full Moon is Out This Saturday...


I originally began this post on September 20, 2005 and never got around to publishing it. Since it's Saturday and the full moon is out, perhaps today is a good day to resuscitate it....

If conservatives have been given a bad rap for being vile, despicable, racist, narrowminded, hate-filled, intolerant, abusive, and violent, it is a reputation that is largely a handout from moonbat liberals. Leftist moonbats, however, don't get enough credit for some of the hateful venom that spews from their mouths. What am I talking about, you ask?


Well, I know both sides have their fair share of fringe elements and extremists whose language and actions can be said to be "over the top". But I really do feel that the most hateful, the most intolerant and close-minded language and perspectives are coming from those "progressives", those looney Leftists the likes of Michael Moore, Air America, and liberal activists who you encounter at your run-of-the-mill protests.

Do all liberals behave like the type of activists you might encounter in a Protest Warrior video? No, of course not. But if you were to compare conservatives and liberals, I'd say, hands down, the liberals corner the market on having the most active and vocal elements of hate and intolerance on their side of the fence. Try expressing your opinions to anti-war peace protestors, and you're more likely to have your life physically threatened than you would from the non-pacifist, pro-victory contingent. Who's more likely to use the "F"-word in their public discourse and as a part of their rhetoric in the public square? For proponents of free speech, how often have you seen a conservative voice shouted down and shut out from speaking at college campuses? I guess the concept of "free speech" means being allowed to use offensive and abusive language and behave inappropriately, even when children are present. I'll say it again, that I know this doesn't characterize all liberals. I'll put it this way: not all liberals are moonbats; but all moonbats seem to be liberals (with exceptions, of course).

I've been wanting to post about bumperstickers, but that one's not ready yet (that post, too, remains on the drawing board; however, I did end up creating another post featuring some bumperstickers); this thread from Democratic Underground I've also been wanting to post about; and it starts out with a bumpersticker being central to its story. I don't think I can post all the responses to the thread, but here at least, is how it begins:



Fri Sep-02-05 01:01 PM
Original message by Demgurl

I did not stop to help a * supporter today.

I had no idea how deeply my hate for that man ran. My lack of an interaction, with a * supporter is still haunting me a couple of hours later.
I was on my home and was on the ramp getting off the highway. I saw a mini-van on the side of the road. There was a lady standing next to the van and in her arms she held her child. I can only assume her mini-van had broken down. I don't know, perhaps with so many gad stations being out of gas, she had also run out. I slowed down and started to pull over to offer her a ride. At the very last second I noticed a "W" sticker on the back of her vehicle and I sped up and drove off. I feel really bad as a human being. That child is not responsible for their parent's belief system. They are innocent and do not deserve to be out in the heat. (It is warm but not so bad that they would even break a sweat) I try not to punish people for what they believe. On the other hand, so many hateful thoughts went through my head. I wondered how a person could see what was going on in NO and still have one of those awful stickers on their car. How could they support an awful excuse for a human being that has let our country down and is letting Americans die after they have made it through the storm? How can someone be so blind and so stupid? I thought that if she loves * so much, maybe he would come along and help her the same way he is rescuing all of those poor people in the weather stricken part of our country. Let's see what her hero can do for her. I never did go back. I was so upset with that sticker and with the fact that someone would support an idiot who is so clearly running our country into the ground. So why am I writing this? It is not to boast, I really feel bad about passing this child and not picking up their mother. Perhaps it is for a catharsis of sorts? That would be an educated guess. I suppose it is because I feel conflicted and I am writing this to try and sort through what I am feeling. There are two emotional sides, for me, on this incident and neither seems completely right or wrong to me. Even writing this, I am still not able to work through what happened. I feel like I am floating between right and wrong and am unable to grab either side. Thanks for listening.


Fri Sep-02-05 01:10 PM Response to Original message by musette_sf

1. I understand how you felt

Next time, maybe pull over, offer help, and discuss frankly how wonderful it must feel that fellow Americans will pull over to help strangers, and how awful it is that the Bu$h (mis)Administration has left thousands to suffer and die in America. Keep talking loudly and hit as many points as you can. Either the Bu$hBot will learn something, or the Bu$hBot can tell you to leave and refuse your help. Either way, you win and have done the right thing.

Fri Sep-02-05 01:13 PM Response to Original message by Waya

5. It's understandable.....

...emotions are running high - nation wide. However, especially in a crisis like this it is important thaqt we do not become what we hate. We hate Bush for not helping those who need it, unless they support him. Let's not become like that. Sorry, if I sound like I'm preaching - but I have noticed that this kind of mentality is so easy to adopt - I been guilty of it myself.

Fri Sep-02-05 01:14 PM
Response to Original message by fudge stripe cookays

7. I understand, demgurl.

Completely and totally.
The last few days have been REALLY difficult for me at work. I have been full of the most seething, white hot rage at these people-- the ones who were proclaiming their support for Bush before the election. Now they're all "Oh I sent so much to the Red Cross." I feel like snapping "It's the LEAST you could f**king do, you selfish bastard. It's because of you and your selfishness that this happened." One of them asked me this morning was I ok...I looked upset. I had just heard New Orleans' mayor on Air America in the car. I told her I was very upset about New Orleans and tried to turn around so my tears wouldn't show. "Oh I know..." she began, "but they're getting relief in there today...." And honestly, I turned around with HATE in my eyes, and through clenched teeth, said "That's NOT what I was upset about." We gazed at each other, and she knew EXACTLY what I meant. But I've been cautioned before about politics. So I bit my tongue until it bled and left it at that. Don't feel bad. We're liberals, but we're not stupid. I'm having a really bad problem with this too. Next time, stop to help, do everything right, be the bigger person, and then when you're ready to drive off say, "You want might be intersted to know that you were just helped by a LIBERAL. It's what we DO. HELP people."

Can someone help me pick my jaw up off the floor? Just...wow.

Fri Sep-02-05 01:29 PM
Response to Original message by Kerrytravelers


14. I can understand how you feel.

I was leaving a grocery store once. It was really quiet there with no one in the parking lot and no store workers outside at all. There was a person--- not in the handicapped area, not handicapped--- just struggling with their groceries. I started to help, then saw the W sticker. I put the bag down and said "I'm sorry. Republicans don't believe in helping people. Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps." Then I walked off. They were stunned. Amazing what happends when their policies are shown to them on such a simple, personal level.

That is just rich! LMAO!

I don't regret it, but then again, it was a grocery store. Instead of lifting heavy bags, they could have taken the items out one by one and put them in the trunk.



Apparently, demgurl is torn inside by guilt for not helping the stranger and vows to make up for it. That generates some response like this:


Fri Sep-02-05 02:13 PM
Response to Reply #17 by NCevilDUer


42. The difference between us and them is when we do the wrong thing, we do feel guilty about it. They never do.


Fri Sep-02-05 01:32 PM
Response to Original message by jpak


18. I had a "Christian" cut line in front of me to day at the only gas station
open in my area.
There was one woman in front of me and she took ten minutes to fill up her car.

I asked her if the pump was working and she said "yes".

She stood there another 5 minutes with the nozzle in her tank after her tank was filled.

Then she started frantically waving to her friend.

A large V-8 pickup cut me off and a woman jumped out with two 10 gallon gas cans (which she proceeded to fill).

She was wearing a t-shirt with f--king Scripture on it.

I yelled "thats a fine Christan thing your doing there..."

They ignored me.
I yelled at her her again - they still said nothing. Finally, the attendant chased them both off (before they finished filling there 2nd container). As they left, one of them yells "Jesus loves you!!" and they both cracked up. unbelievable


Fri Sep-02-05 01:32 PM
Response to Original message by lectrobyte


19. I'd have definitely done the same thing.

I don't know that it is good
for my karma, but that's the way I feel. They don't seem to care about the dead in Iraq, or much of anything except gays not marrying and the rich getting richer. The funny thing is, I always seem to get a lift or someone stopping to help when my car breaks down. Not republicans that I can remember, though, must be the DU sign and rainbow bumperstickers. I should "pay it forward" I guess...


Fri Sep-02-05 01:52 PM
Response to Original message by mitt Chovick

31. The freeptards found this thread http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1475713/posts


Fri Sep-02-05 02:31 PM

Response to Reply #31 by demgurl


56. I refuse to go over there.

If they want to read here, that is fine but I will not venture into their territory. I have already been told off by a brother-in-law who did not want to hear details of the torture in Abu. I have been told, by my father-in-law, that he is quite happy with the government torturing people and not to bother him with information about what the administration he voted for is doing. I have been nearly run off the road by a freeper and I have been told to leave this country and go somewhere else. I have no time for what they have to offer and am ashamed that I copied them. I am the one who always brings food to the food bank. I am the one who protests on the street corner. I write to the editor and try to help my fellow human beings. This is a new hour and a new start for me. I leave my hate behind because nothing can be accomplished with that. It is only when you truly forgive someone that you yourself are free. I will not subject myself to anything they have to say. demgurl


Fri Sep-02-05 02:11 PM
Response to Reply #35 by demgurl


41. Proud....

Maybe we can show them how to act if we act properly. When Laura Ingram announced she had breast cancer I did take the high road. I wrote to her and said that I was a Democrat but that I hoped she would be cured. I encouraged other people here to do the same and some said they would. Just because they act this way does not mean we need to reciprocate in kind. We are the better people. Perhaps we can change a few minds along the way. demgurl


Fri Sep-02-05 02:11 PM
Response to Original message by Fla Dem


40. Unfortunate decision.

Understand it was made on emotion, but your
intelligence should have taken over. Regardless of a person's position in life, ideology, etc, we all need to reach out a hand to help when another of us are in need. God forbid you are ever in a dire situation and you are not aided because of who you are. I thought this was exactly the type of lack of character we criticize the conservatives for---their lack of empathy for other human beings. Of course they would feel no guilt, whereas you do, hence the need for you to open yourself to criticism on this forum.


Fri Sep-02-05 02:28 PM
Response to Original message by flordehinojos

54. i would probably have done the same thing.

anything W is soo contaminated!
prior to sonny boy's sitting in the oval office, i'd always give money at the supermarket--money which was earmarked for the salvation army to help feed the poor. after sonny boy stole the chair at the oval office, a cashier once asked me if i wanted to donate money to help feed the poor... i told him, tell sonny boy to give feed the poor with my tax dollars which he just gave to the rich and unneedy! and angry too is how i feel about this collecting money from the private sector to help the stranded in NO. why isn't my tax dollar being used for that!?

demgurl vows never to allow this slip in decency happen again, because she as a Democrat, is better than that. Most of them support her action, but a few are like this:

Fri Sep-02-05 02:43 PM
Response to Original message by nothingshocksmeanymore

64. Sorry, but you did the same thing Bush did to New Orleans
He did not stop to help Kerry supporters this week

Fri Sep-02-05 02:47 PM
Response to Original message by samsingh

68. at least you feel bad - repugs and bush supporters would not even give you a second thought. After you help them, they'd still refuse to help others. i do feel bad for the child though. (!)

Fri Sep-02-05 02:51 PM
Response to Original message by Sentinel Chicken


70. You were kind.

In the mood I'm in I might have swerved to hit her. Apparently, I'm not the only one discovering the "worthwhile reading" of this thread, as a poster brings to everyone's attention that demgurl made National Review Online.


Fri Sep-02-05 03:09 PM
Response to Original message by Meldread


78. I would have done the same thing...except...


I would have done the same thing except I would have pulled over and asked her if she supported Bush. If she said yeah, then I would have said, "Then I'm only going to offer your baby a ride, not you." And if she refused, I'd tell her that she could call her little hero in the White House for help then. Then I'd speed off, leaving her behind.
Difference being I wouldn't feel any remorse. I'm beyond that. They are hateful people with hateful beliefs, and it would probably be best if the child was taken away and raised by someone else and she was left to fend for herself. In my eyes, Bush and those who still support him are not even Human. They do not deserve sympathy, pity or any other emotion devoted to humans. They aren't Human because they are incapable of feeling sympathy or pity for others.

Fri Sep-02-05 03:16 PM
Response to Original message by ferrisam21169


81. I feel so sorry for you
I generally don't post but this is so striking I was moved to. Given what's going on in this country today it's inconceivable that you would do this. How exactly does leaving a woman and small child stranded demonstrate your superiority over anyone? People are more than their politics. History is replete with tragic examples from the left and right when society forgets that. When we start denying a person in need their humanity because of a bumper sticker we are going down a very ugly road. Even if you could not 'lower' yourself to actually help them personally, why not call 911 on your cell? Who benefited from this non-interaction? Not that woman and her child and certainly not you. I hope your example is a cautionary tale for others.


Fri Sep-02-05 03:23 PM
Response to Original message by Betsy Ross


83. It is horrible that * is stripping us of our basic humanity. But the people in the south are more in need of help at this moment.

This guy is what he hates:

Fri Sep-02-05 03:45 PM
Response to Original message mondo joe

93. Would you have stopped for someone with a Swastika bumper sticker?
It's not very different. These people have declared a holy war on me, my family and my country. Too bad about the kid, but we each get the family we get and must live with it.


Fri Sep-02-05 03:51 PM
Response to Original message by Tim4319


95. That is the sign of a true Democrat!


You didn't help someone in their time of need, and it bothers you! To me, that is a sign of someone who heart is in the right place! It shows you have conscience! I am sure, if the shoe was on the other foot, and you were stranded, that same lady would not have given two thoughts about stopping for you. She probably would not have even looked your way.


The thread got locked down after this post.

So there you have it. A peek into the mind of liberal moonbats at work.


No comments: