Tribute to the Military

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Mudville Gazette has a wonderful way for you to reach out and read all the news that interests you. There are many links to different articles for you to choose from at your pleasure. You may also send a trackback.

Let me just take a moment to speak about trackback etiquitte. When you use this, please remember to add the person (or people) you are tracking somewhere in your article. You may even acknowledge them at the end of an already written article by saying, "Also linked to..."

This way, your readers may choose to follow one or more of those links. After all, why should you be the only one who knows?!

Now that we've had a little chat about that, let's get back to the topic at hand. The reason this Dawn Patrol is such a great idea is because we could not possibly read all the news there is out there. This way, it is condensed. Also, we get to read people we may never have met otherwise.

There are different categories such as Afghanistan, Iraq, MSM, etc. You may also send your article for possible addition. Just make sure you acknowledge you have done so!

I really like the this site. I hope you will as well. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Bos'un said...

Thanks for the info, but, I am still a little hazy on trackbacks. If I site information from another blog, that is a trackback? and how do I put a link to it. What I have been doing is putting a hard link to the article. I have a lot to learn about blogging now. I want to hone my skills and will be listening.