Hat tip to a good buddy, Jerry, for his email alert about David Bresnahan's op-ed
Reprinted with permission from www.Bresnahan.org
Mr. President, I'm Headed to Mexico
Tongue-in-cheek Commentary by David M. Bresnahan
Dear President Bush:
I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this.
I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.
So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:
- Free medical care for my entire family.
- English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.
- All government forms need to be printed in English.
- I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.
- Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
- I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
- Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
- I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.
- I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.
- In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.
- I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
- I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don’t enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
- Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.
I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.
However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P.
Thank you so much for your kind help.
David M. Bresnahan
© 2006 David M. Bresnahan - All Rights Reserved
David M. Bresnahan is an independent journalist with over 30 years of experience as a reporter, author, columnist, and broadcaster. He writes both news articles and commentaries without pay or compensation. He finances his writing through http://www.freedomphoneservices.com/, which offers low-cost communications services and a free business opportunity. If you need phone services, Internet access, web site hosting, VoIP, cell phones, or any other communications services please visit his site.
If you are interested in a part-time opportunity offering these services to others please contact him.
Web Sites: http://www.thatprguy.com/ and http://www.bresnahan.org/
Technorati tags: Immigration, President Fox, President Bush,Mexico, Medical, Welfare, American Flag, Opinion America,Flag, Banned, patriotism, hispanic, Southern Border, America, Politically Correct,Liberalism, journalists, Opinion