Tribute to the Military

Monday, May 29, 2006

Casey Gets a Birthday Present (2 Years Belated)!

John over at Cindy Sheehan Watch let me know about this story: After 2 years, Casey Sheehan finally has his tombstone. I don't mean to be mean, and certainly not disrespectful to Casey's memory by trashing his mom on what would be Casey's 27th birthday (he was born May 29th and was killed April 4, 2004), but so long as his mom is out there doing this and this and this and this (what was she thinking here?)....I can't help myself. She may be a Gold Star Mom, but it doesn't make her worldview a correct one. Her opinions need to be countered.

And John is doing a good job of it. Please link to him if you haven't already.



A gravestone now marks Casey Sheehan's
resting place at Vaca-Elmira Cemetery in Vacaville. (Joel Rosenbaum/The Reporter)

3 comments:

Bos'un said...

Thank you for the update Wordsmith. I had not heard that Casey's father had stepped up to get the headstone.

Respectfully,
Bosun

Dardin Soto said...

wow... I gotta leave this one alone,... I don't agree with Mrs. Sheehan at all, but can't get myself to pound on the mother of a fallen Hero, I just can't (but I'm glad someone can... )
Thanks for the fine postings Bos'un. I took the liberty in naming your blog as one of my favorites in my first ever "Quadrenail blog review" a tongue-in-check posting meant to glide me back to terra firma from a great weekend. Kudos :)

Rosemary Welch said...

Thank you, Casey, for all you gave. We will remember YOU. Rest in peace, my dear. God is near.