Tribute to the Military

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Rick Roberts Breaking: Is the Border Patrol Ratting out Minutemen Locations?

IS THE BORDER PATROL RATTING OUT MINUTEMEN LOCATIONS? Reposted with permission from Rick Roberts, 760 KFMB AM radio, San Diego, California. For further information about Rick or his points of view, please visit Rick's Blog at 760 KFMB.

DISCLAIMER: The different points of views on the Rick Roberts Blog are not supported nor do they reflect the views and beliefs of the Bosun Locker or any entity affiliated with the Bosun Locker.

Email: rickroberts@kfmb.com
Phone: 1-800-760-KFMB (1-800-760-5362)
Mon-Fri, 6am to 10am, PST.

Newsletter: Sign up for Rick's Newsletter

JUST THE FACTS
By Rick May 9th, 2006

WHILE MINUTEMAN CIVILIAN PATROLS ARE KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR ILLEGAL BORDER CROSSERS, THE U.S. BORDER PATROL IS KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR MINUTEMEN - AND TELLING THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT WHERE THEY ARE. — Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

A U.S. Customs and Border Protection Spokesman Mario Martinez confirmed the notification process to the newspapers describing it as a STANDARD PROCEDURE MEANT TO REASSURE THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT THAT MIGRANTS’ RIGHTS ARE BEING OBSERVED!!

My hats off to Sarah Carter- Investigative Reporter with the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin for breaking this story.

She will be on the show tomorrow (May 10th) at 6 am!

Are you kidding me with this! I couldn’t believe it was true. So this morning I interviewed Tim Donnely, the leader of the Minutemen Civil Defense of California and he told me Sara Carter got the information about the notifications off the Mexican Governments website.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO A SHORT BIT OF THE INTERVIEW

He also shared with me that he is worried about the safety of his membership but they will continue to monitor the border.

After our interview with Donnely, I had to talk to the Border Patrol Spokesman who thinks that it’s okay to sell out Americans for the rights of people illegally crossing into our country.

However Mario Martinez wasn’t available to speak to me, but he did take a few seconds with my Executive Producer CJ. This is how that brief and unapproved interview unfolded:

CJ: Hi, Mr. Martinez, we were hoping to get you on The Rick Roberts Show right now for just a couple of minutes to talk about the Minuteman story that is breaking nationally. Rick just wants to confirm some facts.

Mario: Uh. Well. I have to get any interviews I do approved.

CJ: Well, we basically just want to go over what’s already being reported.

Mario: I still have to get the interview approved. I’ll call you back.

CJ: (Sensing this would be the only opportunity to ask a question said ) Well, okay then, can I ask you just one simple question… Are you notifying the Mexican government about the locations of the Minutemen?

Mario: Yes…uh… well…No… uh… well Yes and No. Look. That’s a complicated question. It’s not a simple yes or no.

CJ: Ummm. Ok.

Mario: You know…The Minutemen’s locations are not a secret. They hold press conferences from where they are, but I have to get approval to do interviews so I’ll call you back.

We didn’t hear back. So we called him. This time he wasn’t available, and there were several interview requests put ahead of us.

Who knows…Maybe we’ll hear from him, but I’m not holding my breath.

By the way, the Minutemen’s locations are not all publicized. In fact I know that they have gone to many lengths in several situations to be as covert as possible to avoid trouble….be it from protesters or smugglers. Besides, it’s a little hard to catch illegals, drug runners, or coyotes, if everyone knows where your at!

It seems to me that there is a huge disconnect between your on the border Border Patrol agents that have said they like the Minutemen, and the Border Patrol Big Shots in D.C. taking orders from the President who like the call the Minutemen “Vigilantes.”

I’ll tell you. If this all turns out to be true, I’ve heard some stuff in my life, but having the American Border Patrol give up information on American Citizens to the Mexican Government… well…that’s a word I can’t print.

Your thoughts?

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: