Tribute to the Military

Monday, June 12, 2006

Need prayers quickly: Roethlisberger in bike accident

There has been a terrible accident. Somehow, Pittsburgh's star QB was in a motorcycle accident just a few hours ago. There is no news on his condition. No one is talking. Maybe this good? They did say he was conscious when they arrived on the scene.

I know it isn't done on purpose (most of the time), but you car drivers need to LOOK when you're driving. I have almost been killed by you son's of a no-brained Mother! (It's better than what I really want to say.)

Ben is 24 years old. This is what ABC News has to say (after slurring him by saying he prefers not to wear a helmet):
In only his second year in the NFL, Roethlisberger helped guide the Steelers to the Super Bowl championship last season
I ask you, what is the importance of stating that he once commented he preferred not to wear a helmet? That is my position as well! However, I wear one. My preferences do not rule the day.

So could it be someone is looking for a new law at the expense of Ben's tragic accident, when you should actually be out there teaching people how to freakin' drive? Hmm...

Update: The Pittsburgh Channel has picked up the story. Ben is undergoing surgery as I am writing this. He has suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement.
"On behalf of everyone within the Steelers organization, I want to express my concern for Ben Roethlisberger. I am sure Ben knows that we are praying for his complete recovery.
It was reported that upon his arrival, he was in serious but stable condition. Keep those prayers coming!

Source: ABC News and The Pittsburgh Channel.

Category: Sports-2 and Prayer.

No comments: