Tribute to the Military

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sergeant Describes Hunt for Insurgents in Haditha

Sergeant Describes Hunt for Insurgents in Haditha, Denies Coverup. I have learned through the experience of standing up for 2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano [Warlord: No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy by Ilario Pantano] just how wrong the media can be. They never apologize, either. They have one helluva lot of nerve to press President Bush to admit to mistakes when they don't even recognize their own. Okay, enough of that. On with what I was going to say.

I was not, were you? I have no idea what happened, but I do have an idea about how things work in Iraq and in the mind of terrorists and 'civilians' who are trying to work the media.

These 'people' have been trained to lie, exaggerate, and claim torture. They do this because they know the reaction it will get back here in America. You a**holes play right into it. It makes me sick.

You will have your midnight vigils for the most heinous among us, but you will not give the men and women the dignity they are protecting for you. HOW THE HELL DARE YOU! Give them some due process, will ya? I know you won't, but I just had to get this off my chest.

You see, because I don't know anything about anything that happened, I am going to wait for the system to work. Imagine that? The system actually does work, given a chance. Do you know how many investigations have gone on without your knowledge? LOL I'm not going to tell you! LOL.

You see, it is none of your freakin' business. It is Military business, and they know a lot better than you or I how to do it.

I thank God for all of you men and women who are in uniform or sitting behind a desk or civil servants. You all matter, and you all are doing a wonderful job. I admire you, and I pray for you each day. May God bless and strengthen your families and you. Stay safe.

The Daily Times (from Pakistan) also has an article on this.

My friend, Small Town Veteran, also has a post on this issue. Blackfive steps up to plate with a link to Bill Roggio over at CounterTerrorism Blog. The name of the article is "Reflections on Haditha." The Bos'un Locker weighed in a few days ago. As far as I can tell, everyone is holding judegment. Isn't that everyone should do in a free society?

The last four names I have mentioned truly have a better understanding than anyone who has never been in that situation ever will. I would read them if I were you. :)

Category: (Military) Rants.

No comments: