Tribute to the Military

Friday, March 03, 2006

Celebrate the Life and Honor the Memory of a Hero

This was in an e-mail sent to me by JP. He is the one who is doing all the work over at MilBlogging.com I am very moved by this, and I believe you will be as well. They are not asking for anything more than an e-mail, a 'Thank you', anything of encouragement. Please don't delay.
Deploying for Iraq in the middle of 2005 this soldier was in for a huge project dedicating to a 1 year long deployment. Not only had this soldier made a huge decision to protect his country but he also decided to dedicate his life in marriage to his high school sweet heart days before leaving on his mission... If you would like to contribute to "Operation: Honor A Hero," please send emails of support to Honor_A_Hero@yahoo.com. The organizer will be collecting emails until April 2, 2006. The collection of emails will be arranged into a gift scrapbook, and given to the family.(Read More)
God bless your family and you. We honor and thank you so much for your service to our country. Thank you for giving your life so that we may remain free as long as we have the breath to carry on. I pray for your family. God, please take them into your care. Comfort them, heal them, lift them up above all the nonsense. Thank you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Update: I have spoken with the coordinator of this e-mail, and I am convinced this is a legitimate and urgent plea for e-mails. They are necessary for a project that will be due before next month. Please, find it in your heart to send some words of encouragement, condolences, or whatever you wish. Just do not send anything negative. Do not be a creep! (That is for all you anti-American Pinko folks.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Rosemary. Thanks. (I am using a public computer that is not showing my login.)

R/ Bosun

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I didn't realize it was Kats at Yikes! until she e-mailed me.

Gayle said...

I will send an e-mail. It's the least we can do. I came here by way of Wordsmith.

Good work you are doing here and may God Bless you for it! :)

Bos'un said...

Gayle,

Thank you for your kind words. Wordsmith is really a intricate part of our team at The Bosun Locker. I am very fortunate to have him, Rosemary, and Linda contributing.

We have tried to provide a good mix. I (Bosun) tend to get critical and occasionally out of line (too many years at sea in the military). Rosemary keeps us in line. Linda is a busy reporter in Arizona and only steps in when she has time.

We appreciate all of the readership here and hope to continue to provide you with a variety of thought provoking ideas, opinions, and insights.

Bos'un said...

And Wordsmith is a great guy with a gift of the pen. Sorry for not getting it out the first time, Wordsmith. Have a great blogging day.

R/
Bosun