Tribute to the Military

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Worth Mentioning from "A Soldier's Perspective"

Read this from the AP: Police to protect vandalized home of fallen soldier.

If that angers you to high heaven, if you care, then channel your feelings into action and show your support for the soldier's family: Letter writing request. It is the right thing to do for a family who has lost a son defending this country, and then having citizens of this country violate his home.

It would be nice if everyone would spread the word and post this onto their blog.

Also, take a look at the Iraqi Index of Violence. Apparently, despite even the violence in wake of the thousand year old golden dome of the Al Askariya shrine, February experienced the lowest fatality rate for U.S. troops in 5 months. Reported by Antimedia.

2 comments:

Bos'un said...

A worthy cause. Thanks for the update, Wordsmith.

Rosemary Welch said...

Thank you for the info. I still don't know how to channel my anger in the comment section, though. I guess it's best if I say nothing? Okay, I'll say this, "*&_(*&_*&&^%&^#$$#++_" Now I feel better. Now it's writing an e-mail or letter.